Hi all my lovelies! I hope your August was great and you were able to read everything you wanted! As for me, I read a lot but not everything I wanted 😦 But I hope to do better this month!!!
I want to start off and talk about what I did read in August! I read a grand total of 15 books, WooHoo!! I didn’t do hardly any reviews this month, simply because it was a hectic month, I worked a lot and then went on vacation. So I will give a brief review on each!
I’ll start with the first book I read in August and work my way to my last.
1. The Lightning Thief: A Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan- I got this from the library because I want to read the actually series and I thought this would ease me into it. As I expected the book is nothing like the movie, but I enjoy both equally. I gave this 5/5 stars!
2. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral- This is a book told all through pictures. I got this at Ollie’s for $1.99, I read it in like 20 minutes. Even though it is all pictures, it still made me cry and gave me so many feelings. I truly loved it! 5/5 stars!
3. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline- I saw a lot of people on BookTube talking about this and decided to get it form my library. I am not much in to Sci-Fi books but this book pulled me right in. I loved the main character and could totally relate to him. I am definitely going to buy this and re read it’! 5/5 Stars!!
4.Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- This is another book I saw all over BookTube and I knew I had to pick up. I went to Barnes& Noble and got my copy because I couldn’t wait for it to come in the mail. I am so happy I did that, this book is everything I love in a book! The main character is likeable, which I rarely feel that way, and I was engrossed into the story right away! of course I gave it 5/5 Stars!!
5. Morning Glories, Vol 2: All Will Be Free By Nick Spencer- I almost didn’t read this because I didn’t like the first volume but my library had this copy so I checked it out. This one was so much better then the first. I am actually thinking about buying them all now! 5/5 Stars!
6. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher- I was super excited to read this one, but I have to admit I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. I think the story is good but the book was just odd. And I didn’t connect to any of it. 3/5 Stars.
7. The Graveyard Book, Graphic Novel Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman and P. Craig Russell- This was another book I was so excited about and got let down. I think I would be better off reading the book first and then reading this. 3/5 Stars.
8. Notorious by Allison Brennan- This was a random book I picked up at the library because I was in a reading slump and it was exactly what I needed. This is a great mystery novel and I will most likely be reading more stuff by Ms. Brennan! 4/5 Stars!
9. How to Fall By Jane Casey- This was given to me by NetGalley and I am very grateful for all my ARC’s I receive. This is a mystery kind of book but it just wasn’t for me. I couldn’t connect with any of the characters and it felt a little rushed. I gave it 3/5 Stars.
10. Seriously….I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres- This was a great light read and who doesn’t love Ellen?? I am so happy I got this and just got to relax and not over think anything with this book. 5/5 Stars!!
11. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour By Morgan Matson- Oh how I love Ms. Matson! Her writing is beautiful and makes me feel happy. This book is one of those great summer reads! 4/5 Stars!
12. The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset- I can’t even talk about this book. I hated it and I don’t hate a lot of books. The characters were flat and not relatable and I just don’t understand how this was published. 1/5 Stars
13. Amity By Micol Ostow- I received this copy from NetGalley. This book was a good read, it had creepy parts and I lked it. As you can tell this book didn’t excite me enough and it was hard to write a review on it. 3.5/5 Stars.
14. Cate Of the Lost Colony by Lisa M. Klein- I read this right before I went on vacation. I am from the Outer Banks area in North Carolina and that’s where I went for vacation ( I live in New Jersey now). The Lost Colony is on the Outer Banks, Manteo to be exact. I wanted something to remind me of home and this did the trick. I love Historical fiction and I love my home state! it was a fun read! 4/5 Stars!!
15. The Swallow: A Ghost Story by Charis Cotter- I received this from NetGalley. This is a middle grade book and I truly loved it. It was creepy enough but still had a great story with it. I was sad at some parts and some parts made me laugh! I think everyone should give it a go! 5/5 Stars!
Those are all my books from August! please go check them out on Goodreads!! and if you read any of these please let me know down below!
Now lets talk about what I will try to read in September! I have a couple ARCs I need to finish and I pulled out 8 books from the TBR Jar, plus books that I just want to read 🙂
At this moment I am currently reading 3 books.
1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman-I hope to finish that tomorrow, I want to see the movie this weekend!
2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell- I like it so far!
3. The Fledgling Handbook 101 by P.C. Cast- I am going to re-read this series and I thought this would get me back into it!
Now the list of book I want to read in September:
Arcs- Tortured Souls by Kimber Leigh Wheaton, The Last Changeling by Chelsea Pitcher, and The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter.
The books from the TBR jar- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd, Unbroken by Paula Morris, Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore, Rebel Spirits by Lois Ruby, He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tucillo, Proxy by Alex London, Black City by Elizabeth Richards, and Asylum by Madeleine Roux.
So those are all the books I want to read, I know this will change during the month but Hey, at least I am trying to be organized. I still have book orders coming in so I might add some of them on to my list!
What is everybody else planning to read this month?? Let me know below!